What's new

Monitor time usage

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

tigreseis

Occasional Visitor
I have an RT-N66U with the latest stock firmware.

I have my parental controls and bandwidth limiter setup.

Is there a way to monitor how much "Time" a device is using the internet?

I know about the "System Log", "Wireless Log", "Stations List", but is that the only way?

None that I can think of, so.

I have an RT-N66U with the latest stock firmware.
Is there a way to monitor how much "Time" a device is using the internet?

Merlin's response is accurate for the factory stock firmware and I am sure, with his mods also. Not to disparage Asuswrt or Merlin's excellent mods in any way, it is possible to get an approximation of what you want from the graphics on TomatoUSB/Shibby firmware and your N66U will run that, as I am doing with my N66U right now, with ease. There is a graph of usage vs. time of day by IP on the IP traffic page and going to the graphics page from there will bring up a colored pie chart of traffic with specific percentages of usage and MB used per IP given in tabular, numeric form.

I am currently using the latest build, 1.28.0000 MIPSR2-138 K26AC USB AIO-64K which can be downloaded from http://tomato.groov.pl/download/K26...ato-K26USB-1.28.RT-N5x-MIPSR2-138-AIO-64K.zip. If you download it, unzip it and then upgrade your factory firrmware to the .trx file, erasing your current NVRAM settings and starting with all new, minimal settings, you should be good to go.

Should you then decide to revert to your Asuswrt firmware or one of Merlin's Mods, it is easy to do so.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!