What's new

Mosh instead of SSH

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

XIII

Very Senior Member
I would like to use Mosh instead of SSH to connect to my router: https://mosh.org

After installing the mosh-server package on the router using Entware I’m able to ssh into my router using Mosh (via the Termius App for iOS), but only if I’m on the local network of the router. If I try to remotely log in the attempts fail and SkyNet will even block me...

What do I need to change to be able to use Mosh remotely as well?

(Both locally and remote I use the ASUS DDNS address, so never 192.168.x.y)

Turned out to be much simpler: I had to whitelist the client IP's in SkyNet on the routers running mosh-server.

This will be a problem on the road though... (the client IP will be random)

(next challenge: also getting it to work from macOS instead of iOS)

Unfortunately mosh is no longer working remotely, only local (on several different ASUS routers).

How can I debug this?

Unfortunately this iptables entry seems to get lost now and then (I have to log in via SSH to run the script before being able to use Mosh again).

As I’m an absolute beginner with iptables: how can I debug/investigate this?

Unfortunately this iptables entry seems to get lost now and then (I have to log in via SSH to run the script before being able to use Mosh again).

As I’m an absolute beginner with iptables: how can I debug/investigate this?

IPTables gets flushed during a range of activities, for persistent rules you will want to add them to firewall-start (along with a delete version above it to prevent duplicates).

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!