What's new

Multiple WAN ips with corresponding local gateways

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Ad0

Occasional Visitor
I have a range of static IPs I got from my ISP. What I want to do is to do as I do with the primary IP.
Set it up with a corresponding gateway like 192.168.1.1 and computers in the LAN can specify this, and use NAT to open ports etc.

So in example I have the public IP from ISP which is 1.2.3.194-1.2.3.197. 193 is the ISP gateway and 198 is the broadcast.

So I set up the router as normal with WAN, 1.2.3.194, and local IP 192.168.1.1.
Then I want 1.2.3.195 -> 192.168.1.2. Then a computer's setup has gateway 192.168.1.2 and has 1.2.3.194 as public IP.

Most guides I've seen only covers 1:1 NAT where the public WAN IP gets translated and masqueraded directly to a LAN IP to a computer. I suspect my setup involves another step with bridge.

This is the visual representation:
http://pastebin.com/embed_iframe.php?i=2u8dasah

Since I find no answers (believe me I have googled my *ss off), is this a very abnormal setup?

Thanks!

I managed to do 1:1 NAT to the internal IP but that's not what I really want. I would really want a gateway, so I don't have to speficy IPs to be masqueraded.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!