What's new

N56U as bridge, configuration questions

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

benji

New Around Here
As 4G is the best option for the current installation and I already have a 4G hotspot for the task I've been trying to make it play nice with the voip box I need to install.

I've installed the latest official Padavan firmware (099 I think it was), and run a client bridge over 2.4, and provide an AP at 5.0.

This is what current setup looks like (---- = wireless, ==== = wired):

TP-Link M7300 (4G/2.4 wifi/DHCP enabled) ---- Asus N56U (2.4 wifi client bridge/5.0 AP/(DHCP/FW) disabled) ==== ISP router (default settings).

M7300/N56U are on the same subnet, as is obviously any other client. This all works fine as far as internet connectivity is concerned. I can connect straight to any one of the 3 routers/AP.

My main problem is port forwarding. The voip requires a few different ranges open. I can't find any settings for this in the M7300 configuration. Despite FW being disabled on the N56U I've tried with both port forward and DMZ, obviously didn't seem to help.

Are there any solutions for this without switching out the 4G router? This hotspot can also act as an USB-modem, I did plug it in real quickly in the N56U and sure enough it provided connection that way on different subnets, but I broke the connectivity as I moved them to the same subnet, and at this point threw in the towel to come here and ask for advice.