n66u - USB harddrive problems

Discussion in 'ASUS N Routers & Adapters' started by 0c7or0k, Jan 28, 2013.

1. 0c7or0k

0c7or0k New Around Here

just setup my rt-n66u, updated firmware - everything working fine.

except...

I've connected a Seagate Backup+ for mac 2TB USB harddrive, and there are some strange problems...

~ The disc mounts on the router, but the router indicates my HD has only 0.192GB of storage (HD currently has 1.87TB available when connected to my PC)
    ~ the HD (conected to the router) doesn't readily appear anywhere via my PC or network - I cant see any of the pre-existing files.
    ~ I created a shared folder on the HD via the ASUS software, and I can access that folder on my PC via 'adding a network location' and navigating to the folder I created - I can r/w to this folder.
    ~ I am unable to install the Download Master software, because when I select the USB storage device I want to access, the router is telling me the disc quota cannot be less than 1GB, and that my HD has only 0.192GB of storage... wtf?!

please HALP!! :confused:

2. Log in / Register to remove this ad

3. RMerlin

RMerlin Part of the Furniture

Check if you disk has more than one partition.

Also keep in mind that the router cannot mount HPFS+ partitions - it must be formatted as NTFS, or Linux ext2/ext3.

it's possible that it's mounting a very small system partition, and isn't mounting the main partition at all because it's in a MAC format.

4. tausche

tausche New Around Here

Hey,

I got a similiar problem and hope you can help...so I appended myself to this thread. ;)

behind the asus I already have a webserver (apache) running.
    But in case this server is completely down (eg. for maintenance), I want to display some error message to the users.

So I put an old USB drive to the asus and tried to set up cherokee (instr. from SNBforum),
    but the install of the downloadMaster won't start because of the posted error:

"sda1
    Available space: 0.943 GB (Disk quota can not less than 1GB)
    Total space: 0.944 GB"

The kingston stick only has 1GB of total memory (formatted ext2). :(
    I only need a few KB from that for my error-Page, I am sure it would fit in the JFFS without any USB drive.

Do I need to buy myself a new 8GB+ usb stick to make this possible?
    Could I borrow some stick for installing download master and cherokee, and after that the cherokee would run out of the device itself or has the usb-stick be plugged in all the time?

thanks for answering!

best regards