What's new

NAS access denied in Windows 10

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Can you be more specific about this part?

Go into credential manager, select windows credentials, create a new one:

hostname\username where hostname is the dns name of your nas/router and the username is the user account you setup. Then enter the password for the account on the nas/router. Save it. Then log out and back into your account in windows. You should be ab le to browse that network resource as long as your credentials match.

Go into credential manager, select windows credentials, create a new one:

hostname\username where hostname is the dns name of your nas/router and the username is the user account you setup. Then enter the password for the account on the nas/router. Save it. Then log out and back into your account in windows. You should be ab le to browse that network resource as long as your credentials match.
OK, this is very strange. So I went to Credential Manager, and checked my NAS credential was already in place. Windows must have stored it there for me automatically. So I made sure I had all the correct spellings,big case small case etc. No luck. And in frustration, I deleted it and created a new one, but with exact the same address, username and password, and lo and behold I was in! I am glad it's working now, but still have no idea what the issue was.

OK, this is very strange. So I went to Credential Manager, and checked my NAS credential was already in place. Windows must have stored it there for me automatically. So I made sure I had all the correct spellings,big case small case etc. No luck. And in frustration, I deleted it and created a new one, but with exact the same address, username and password, and lo and behold I was in! I am glad it's working now, but still have no idea what the issue was.
Glad it worked for you. Credential caching is a double edge sward. It helps but can't be tough to diagnose.