What's new

NAT Loopback won't work

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

brooky

Occasional Visitor
Hi All,

Can anyone suggest what I am doing wrong? I have setup port forwarding to the device I need to respond to certain ports (apache on port 80/443) but it just doesn't work. I have set the domain name to point to my external IP address. I've done this many times with other routers like Netgear ones but I just can't get the asus to work.

I need to get this done for some PHP development work that needs to repsond to PayPal IPN calls.

Screen Shot 2015-08-28 at 15.49.06.png
Screen Shot 2015-08-28 at 15.49.18.png

Did you try the other options for NAT Loopback, reboot all related networked equipment and test again?

You will have to disable HTTP support for the router's own webui since you want to intercept port 80 connections.

The problem is that of course the traffic goes to my ADSL modem and doesn't reach the router! DUH.

I have the TP-LINK - TD-8817 which is a bit of a monster.

Hmmm ok might try that. :-/

If you put it in bridge mode do you put the ADSL login into the router? I'm terrible at networking stuff. The TP-Link modem is far from user friendly. The Asus is great!!

Hmmm ok might try that. :-/

If you put it in bridge mode do you put the ADSL login into the router? I'm terrible at networking stuff. The TP-Link modem is far from user friendly. The Asus is great!!

Yes, if fully bridged your router will handle the login details. I cant remember how to specifically setup your modem, but there should be instructions online somewhere, or your ISP should be able to help. Just be aware, if you are in Australia, UK or New Zealand some connections are handled by pppoa which can't be fully bridged. You then have to rely upon half-bridge / ip extension fudged workarounds which not many modems can do. Alternatively the Draytek Vigor 120 modem can do a full pppoe/pppoa bridge.