What's new

Need advice and suggestion about wired/wireless connection

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

wsarahan

HI guys how are you?

I have a simple question but i would like your suggestion as i really in doubt what to do

I have teh RTAC5300 and a 350/150 Optic Fiber internet here

I have an Apple TV 4 , i use it wired but it`s very near the router, so, the Apple TV has only a 10/100 wired interface so using wired and doing a SpeedTest i get a speed 100/100 but it has an AC wireless adapter and i can get the 350/150 using wifi doiung the same test

SO considering that the wired connection is more reliable but there is a huge difference from speeds as i mentioned above what should i do? Use wired or wireless the Apple TV with the 5300 ?

Edit: Here as the Specs from Apple Tv 4 wireless and wired:

• Wi-Fi 802.11ac with MIMO
  • Ethernet 10/100BASE-T
The latest fw that i`m using at 5300 has the alpha MIMO enabled

Thanks

Last edited:
The thing i hate is that they have wireless AC but no gigabit ethernet.

TV's arent always wifi happy, it just depends on what you pair it with. Some are better on wifi while some are better on wire and the router used.

The thing i hate is that they have wireless AC but no gigabit ethernet.

TV's arent always wifi happy, it just depends on what you pair it with. Some are better on wifi while some are better on wire and the router used.

TVs don't really need a gigabyte connection. Fast Ethernet provides more bandwidth than they can use/need even if you are streaming uncompressed videos.

By putting the TV on a hardwired connection you are saving WiFi bandwidth for use by mobile devices in your home.

TVs don't really need a gigabyte connection. Fast Ethernet provides more bandwidth than they can use/need even if you are streaming uncompressed videos.

By putting the TV on a hardwired connection you are saving WiFi bandwidth for use by mobile devices in your home.
I have a dedicated HTPC controlling home theater components. HTPC is on 5GHz WiFi connection and never have issues. Otherwise there'll be family riot. We're just empty nesters. Keeping SWMBO happy is good thing, LOL!

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!