What's new

Need ASUS EA-AC87 but...

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Quietkid

New Around Here
Hello,

I've been following things here for a couple weeks after I purchased a AC87u router. It has a few quarks, but switched to RMerlins firmware. I'm really enjoying it. I would like to thank RMerlin for his work and I'm looking forward to future updates. I purchased the router in the idea of also picking up a EA-AC87 as a bridge to connect all of my devices but for my phone.

So here's my question.

It's been a strange product release. It's still unavailable to purchase. Anyone know if this is going to still be available in the U.S.?

Thanks

Last edited:
$210 dollars, it's a bit spendy...

Supposedly it can also be used an an AP, and it would be interesting to see how it does compared to the RT-AC87U - might be more stable perhaps as there's no integration aspects with the broadcom side of the 87U...

Quite a few vendors tend to stay away from the DFS channels due to the whole listen and monitor for extended period of time before turning on transmitters...

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!