What's new

Need Help blocking spam

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

mike06

Occasional Visitor
I may posting in the wrong area I am new to router settings but here is my problem. First I have a RT-AC68U with the latest Asus firmware. I would like to know how to block a certain email that is bombing one of my email address. If this can be done within the router settings. The emails always end with @wegolo.com driving me crazy. At least 25 per day. Got them going to my junk email box in Outlook but would like to reject them with router if possible. Thanks Mike

Hi Mike,
This is probably not an authoritative answer, but I won't let that stop me. ;)

If you are receiving email on an encrypted connection, there is likely nothing the router can filter since it cannot see the content of that connection. (I'm using gmail and that is encrypted.)

If you are routing them using Outlook, can't you just automatically route them to trash or just delete them?

Who is your email provider? They may have tools to do that. I can set up filters on Gmail that will automatically send those to the spam folder from whence they will eventually be deleted.

HTH,
hank

Hi Mike,
This is probably not an authoritative answer, but I won't let that stop me. ;)

If you are receiving email on an encrypted connection, there is likely nothing the router can filter since it cannot see the content of that connection. (I'm using gmail and that is encrypted.)

If you are routing them using Outlook, can't you just automatically route them to trash or just delete them?

Who is your email provider? They may have tools to do that. I can set up filters on Gmail that will automatically send those to the spam folder from whence they will eventually be deleted.

HTH,
hank
I also mainly use gmail now what I am going to end up doing is deleting that account.

Routers don't do what you want. Deleting the account or auto-routing spam to a junk folder are your options.

I may posting in the wrong area I am new to router settings but here is my problem. First I have a RT-AC68U with the latest Asus firmware. I would like to know how to block a certain email that is bombing one of my email address. If this can be done within the router settings. The emails always end with @wegolo.com driving me crazy. At least 25 per day. Got them going to my junk email box in Outlook but would like to reject them with router if possible. Thanks Mike
I use gmail and its spam filter is excellent.
Router can't do it.