What's new

Need help on SysLog spamming kernel:192.168.x.xxx already exist in UDB, can't add it

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

GL_Red

Occasional Visitor
Merlin: 386.2_6

Been getting this spammed since last night. The IP is my iPhone and only thing I’ve been doing last night was trying connect to an extender for myself to test something and I had to constantly disconnect my phone from WiFi repeatedly. Also having to reset SSID accidentally through WPS page. I doubt it’s the result of any of those, but anyway to resolve this? It gets annoying.

(Edit) I changed the IP address and turned off the wifi off and on. It fixed, but now it says “its used by someone else, can’t use it”. Said it 3 times and stopped. I guess it’s better than being bombarded with it every second.

Last edited:
Just a guess, but turn off Private Address on the iPhone Wifi settings under the ( i ) icon
I have it off. I updated the post. Totally not an idiot lol

I too see a lot of "kernel: 192.168.1.175 already exist in UDB, can't add it"
None of the mac addresses on my network are associated with this IP...???

I am recently seeing this about once a minute.
Code:
Nov  8 10:37:28 kernel: 192.168.1.2 already exist in UDB, can't add it
192.168.1.2 is a Netgear Orbi RBR50 set up as an access point with a static address behind my Asus 68U, so it has nothing to do with phones.

Any ideas? Looks like nobody's responded with the answer yet.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!