What's new

Need Help - Share DLNA across two routers

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

flatlanded

New Around Here
I've been google-ing to no end for a few weeks now and haven't been able to come up with a workable solution. Then again, I might not be asking the right questions. My hardware knowledge is extensive but my networking knowledge is limited.

My network map is as follows:

ISP Issued Router/Modem (2Wire 3801HGV)
LAN #1 - Simple 4-port hub which is shared with Set-top box, PS3, and Samsung TV
LAN #2 - Linksys WRT1900ac

Linksys WRT1900ac is connected to my Desktop PC which acts as a Serviio (DLNA) server. All my wireless devices also connect to this router.

I need my TV to find my Serviio server across the network without disconnecting my STB from my ISP's router. I initially used my WRT1900ac as a bridge but that disables all of its functions including the NAS functionality (which is why I bought it in the first place).

Is my best option to add another wireless router and configure it as a wireless bridge to remove my STB from the equation entirely or is there another way?

I hope the above is clear and descriptive enough...

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!