What's new

Need Help to Setup Load Balance Router with Cable modem & 4G modem-router

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

AREK28

New Around Here
Hello people...

I need some help to setup my TP Link TL-R470T+ Load Balance Router with my Asus 4G-N12 4G LTE Modem Router and also my TP Link Archer C9 AC1900.

I basically need to combine and load balance my Cable modem connection with my 4G-LTE connection to get more bandwidth. I then need the Load Balance router to feed the connection to my switch and have my Archer C9 router do handle the DHCP for the clients connected through the switch. It seems my Asus 4G-N12 modem router does not support "bridge mode", so I simply turned off the WiFi since i want to be able to connect to WiFi via my Archer C9 Router. I also have a CCTV NVR connected to the switch with LAN IP 192.168.1.10.

My initial setup was as follows:
Cable Modem -- Archer C9 (WAN)
Archer C9 (LAN) -- Switch

I then tried to set them up as such:
Load Balance Router = 192.168.0.1 (default) / DHCP ON
Archer C9 IP = 192.168.1.1 / DHCP ON
4G Mod-Router = 192.168.2.1 / DHCP ON

Cable Modem -- Load Balance Router (LBR) (WAN1)
4G Mod-Router -- Load Balance Router (LBR) (WAN2)
LBR (LAN) -- Archer C9 (LAN)
Archer C9 (LAN) -- Switch

I noticed that on the LBR setup screen, only the cable modem (WAN1) shows a internet connection while the 4G Mod-Router (WAN2) shows a WAN IP of 192.168.2.1 instead of an internet IP.

What is the best way to set up my network...? How would i set up DMZ/Port forwarding for my CCTV NVR?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

DMZ, UPNP. Unless you are hosting a service over 4G you dont exactly need bridge mode. Its perfectly fine to double NAT but i dont expect the modem to be fast and it may be difficult if you are trying to host things. So even though your modem is giving your router a LAN IP it is fine in order for internet to work. Just make sure you dont use the same subnet on LAN.

Dear all,

Thanks for all your inputs, i have also received advice from TP LINK customer support as per below:

==========Quote==========
Dear ,
Thank you for choosing TP-LINK. This is Leah from TP-LINK Technical Support.

Please set them up as below:
4G Mod-Router = 192.168.2.1 / DHCP ON
Load Balance Router = 192.168.0.1 (default) / DHCP ON
Archer C9 IP = 192.168.0.2 / DHCP OFF
LAN IP of the CCTV NVR = 192.168.0.X ( 3<x<254)

Cable Modem --- Load Balance Router (LBR) (WAN1)---LBR (LAN) -- Archer C9 (LAN) --- Switch (LAN)--- CCTV NVR
4G Mod-Router -- Load Balance Router (LBR) (WAN2)

1. If your Asus 4G-N12 modem router does not support "bridge mode", it's OK that when the WAN2 IP is 192.168.2.x instead of an internet IP. Please make sure the internet is working on the LBR when only WAN2 is connect.
2. Here are the settings of the load balance http://www.tp-link.com/en/faq-715.html
3. The DMZ/Port forwarding settings for CCTV NVR:
login the LBR, go to Advanced---NAT---Virtual Server
Interface: WAN 1
External Port: 1-65535
Internal Port: 1-65535
Protocol: TCP/UDP
Internal Server IP: 192.168.0.X ( the LAN IP of the CCTV NVR)
==========Unquote==========

I will go ahead and give the above settings a try tonight :)

Ok... i tried setting my network up as per suggested by TP Link support...

I have No-IP DDNS setup on the LBR since I have dynamic IP from my ISP both on WAN1 & WAN2.

I can have remote access to my NVR when my WAN1 (Cable Modem, bridge mode), but when my WAN1 was down this morning, my remote access isn’t working any more.

Since my 4G Mod-Router doesn’t support bridge mode, I tried setting DMZ with my NVR IP (192.168.0.10) and also tried setting my port forwarding, but I still can't connect remotely.

Should I have setup the DDNS on my 4G Mod-Router instead of my LBR?

Hello, thanks for your advice, do you mean to set up the VPN server on my 4G modem router?

Unfortunately my Asus 4G Modem Router does not support No-IP DDNS, which is the DDNS service i'm using... any other thoughts?