What's new

Need help with upgrading my Router

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

supfoxtrot

New Around Here
Hi,

I'm clueless when it comes to anything network related. I currently have a DSL connection to the home and Fibre to the cabinet, im with Hometelecom.

The router they provided is: technicolour tg588v v2

However I want a dual band as the speeds are slow and the Hometelecom technician said that we need more channels as there are currently 10 devices on at the moment.

However, I'm not sure if a regular router off of amazon such as: Asus RT-AC51U would work as it doesnt have a DSL connection.

Can I just buy a DSL to ethernet adapter or can I connect the a router to the existing one (Daisy chain it).

Budget of £30-40 for new router.

Thanks for any help!

My apologies if this is in the wrong section of the forum wasnt too sure where to create the post

Put your DSL modem-router into bridge/modem-only mode (or DMZ if it doesn't have bridge), then you can connect any other router you like to it via Ethernet.

TP-Link Archer C7 or A7 are the cheapest models even worth considering for a residential router.

The new router called gryphon has had some good reviews on Amazon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk