What's new

Need WAP replacement advice...

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

nettech_gt

New Around Here
Hello,

I have a Cisco WAP 4410N configured with two SSID (each assigned to a different VLAN) and connected to a Cisco SRW 2008 switch (trunked port 4) (with 4 VLANS configured) I need to replace this AP with a different AP/WiFi router (AP Mode) that has 5G and 2.4 G radios and also supports VLANs and Multiple SSIDs. I would also like at least four LAN ports as well. The replacement AP will be plugged into a Actiontec ECB2500C MOCA adapter, which will be plugged into port 4 of my SRW 2008. My understanding is the ECB2500C supports frames with VLAN tags and will prioritize traffic automatically based on the VLAN priority field value. It does not however add or remove VLAN tags. So would I be able to use a "smart switch" (like a Cisco SG200-08) and an Asus RT-N66U (in AP mode) to provide me the results I mentioned above or is there a better way? Its been a really long time since my VLANS were configured and I don't remember exactly how it all works. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanx!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!