What's new

Needing a Good Wireless Router

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

hyelton

SO I have had my good fair testing of routers.

I`m between the
RT-N56U
RT-N16
Linksys E3200
Linksys E4500

I have about 20-25 devices connected with HEAVY traffic only 2 or 3 devices will use WiFi rest are wired to a Gigibit switch so Wireless Perfomance DOES NOT matter to me, Its the Stablity of the router I need!

Not sure how the routing performace is on the RT-N16 but Ive been closly looking about getting that one as it STILL has indicator lights on the front.

But I really want something stable I dont have to keep unplugging.

Since wireless is not that important maybe you should think about running a wired router and a separate wireless device. By separating your wireless there is less of a chance the wireless will affect your router. You can reboot the wireless and not impact your router. This will give you more of a chance to have a more stable router. Your router choices will still work just turn off the wireless in the router and run a separate router as an AP.

Since wireless is not that important maybe you should think about running a wired router and a separate wireless device. By separating your wireless there is less of a chance the wireless will affect your router. You can reboot the wireless and not impact your router. This will give you more of a chance to have a more stable router. Your router choices will still work just turn off the wireless in the router and run a separate router as an AP.

What router would you recomend? My budget is less than $110

Get ESR600H under $90 prices do vary this is what I've been using since 2012 but then again I use it as AP. On both router and ap you have a great router. It does have dual band you can disable 5GHz if you don't use it.

NPU is 600MHz
RAM is 256MB
Has WiFi button to turn off WiFi
Has power on and off button
Has NAT Turbine Engine Full throttle.

Not sure how the routing performace is on the RT-N16 but Ive been closly looking about getting that one as it STILL has indicator lights on the front.

But I really want something stable I dont have to keep unplugging.

Das BlinkenLichts - while interesting, are not a sign of stability or performance...

:)