What's new

Net Use Error 1219 Multiple connections to a server .....

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

MoogLe

Regular Contributor
Hey guys,

Hope you can help me figure this out.

I recently upgraded to windows 10 and I'm having some trouble with my mapped network drives.

Every so often after booting up and logging into windows I would get an error stating that windows could not reconnect to the network drives which would put a red X on each drive. But if I went into file explorer and manually opened them they would open just fine and reconnect as it should. The problem is that this would cause errors with applications that use these drives by default.
This problem also showed up in windows 8, but I resolved it by using a little program called Net drives, which would take care of mapping the drives.

So now after using the same app that I succesfully used with windows 8. I'm now getting another error, Error 1219 Multiple connections to a server or shared resource by the same user, using more than one user name, are not allowed. Disconnect all previous connections to the server or shared resource and try again.

But the thing is, I am NOT using multiple credentials to log into this server. I'm using the same credentials for every drive and don't have any other active connections to the NAS.

I even tried running Net Use in command line to see what it brings up but it just shows that there are no entries, as it should.

If I reboot, it usually fixes this, but that's just an annoying band aid.

Hoping you guys might be able to give me some ideas.