What's new

Netduma R1

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I resurrect this thread from the dead! lol no, seriously though I just came across info on this router and this is the first place I came to looking for reliable info. Anyone know about this Netduma R1 router? What's the deal with it?

Thanks, and sorry for the resurrection :p

Netgear has just released the XR500 router. It is a Nighthawk dual band router with a Netduma OS. Hardware wise....it is better that the Netduma R1. I own one, and it is one of the better routers that I have owned. It is also getting good reviews on Amazon. The Netduma support guys are also great. If you post or message one of them on the Netduma forums, their response is almost immediate and they are always willing to help you through an issue.

What type of hardware does the XR500 have? I mean like CPU wise, etc. I seen a price of $499 for it.

Same as R7800 with 2x flash capacity

AKA - another BHR device with inflated stats that is going to struggle with 1Gb WAN connections. Trade show power point presentations not withstanding... I think with current silicon, pretty much everyone is on the same page there.

Nothing against Netgear, or other BHR vendors - if it moves boxes it's good enough.

Its not worth paying that $499 that you saw, for glorified a R7800 with a Duma UI/QoS overlay. You are better off buying a pFsense box at that price range. The regular R7800 is excellent so I'd get that instead and its QoS is decent in my use.

Its not worth paying that $499 that you saw, for glorified a R7800 with a Duma UI/QoS overlay. You are better off buying a pFsense box at that price range. The regular R7800 is excellent so I'd get that instead and its QoS is decent in my use.

On Amazon, at the moment, the XR500 is $300, the R7800 is $204. The $500 price point is for a paired XR500 and EX8000 extender.

Ah ok, that makes a little more sense.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!