What's new

Netgear CM1100 Modem

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Sr71bb

New Around Here
Hello all......trying to find a Netgear cm1100 modem..... it was a Costco exclusive for a while but now it’s not even listed there or anywhere........it’s the newer one with two Ethernet ports on the back. I will probably go with the arris mb8200 if I can’t find a cm1100.......any ideas what happened with this modem........

Hello all......trying to find a Netgear cm1100 modem..... it was a Costco exclusive for a while but now it’s not even listed there or anywhere........it’s the newer one with two Ethernet ports on the back. I will probably go with the arris mb8200 if I can’t find a cm1100.......any ideas what happened with this modem........
Seems so similar to my netgear modem which is crap. Mine is for VDSL, supports VDSL2 at 300Mb/s but has 100Mb/s ethernet port. The look and design similar too, and the modem had both the worst sync rate compared to 2 other modems and had to be rebooted every 2 months.

you're better off with a different modem.

A good price but my cable co is Docsis 3.0 only right now.. While this is backward compatible Im not sure it gains me anything right now at 3.0 save more channels (my current is 16 ). But when and if my cable co goes 3.1 this looks really nice and I was hoping AQM on this would reduce bufferbloat. Can we assume no puma chips in this ?

CM1100 is DOCSIS 3.1

Can't say much except that my DOCSIS 3.0 Arris/Moto SB-6183 works well... I don't have gigabit service on that link and it doesn't have the whole Puma6 thing...

Costco is pretty good about returns...