What's new

Netgear Offers 3G/4G-LTE Data Plans For Arlo Go Cameras

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Julio Urquidi

News Editor
netgear-arlo-go.jpg
The new plans complement NETGEAR’s Arlo Go mobile security cameras, introduced late 2016 and showcased during CES 2017. Designed for locations that have weak to no wireless access, the Arlo Go cameras use cellular signal to provide surveillance services.

The current service plans include:
  • 15 minutes, $4.99/month - 1 clip/day or 30 clips/month at 30 secs/clip
  • 120 minutes, $22.99/month - 8 clips/day or 240 clips/month at 30 secs/clip
  • 225 minutes, $32.99/month - 15 clips/day or 450 clips/month at 30 secs/clip
NETGEAR’s idea is that by providing the service, customers don’t have to hassle with cellular providers, putting the burden of service on NETGEAR instead. Customers use the camera’s app to set up the camera, manage their account, and then get a bill. When the cameras aren’t needed, the account can be put on hold for as long as necessary.

The Arlo Go mobile service plans are available now. Arlo Go cameras are already available with an MSRP of $429.99.

Last edited by a moderator:
specs say 720p, i'd assume it to be about 2Mb/s, at 30secs/clip thats 60Mb which is 7.5MB.
at 30 clips thats 225MB
at 240 clips thats 1.8GB
at 450 clips thats 3.4GB

Does the camera have features like motion detection to trigger recording? This to me looks like a low cost, low power remote camera. What really bothers me is the pricing and that many have made such cameras by themselves using arduinos, raspberry pis or such for much less while performing the task they need to do quite well.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!