What's new

Netgear R8000 Wifi speeds

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

johnsutter71

Occasional Visitor
MY ISP is TWC running at 300 to 330 MBPS speeds and when I connect my PC to the router through ethernet I am able to achieve these speeds. My wireless connections using the 5ghz radio will not allow me to go past 120 MBPS. I tried disabling QOS which slowed down my speeds even further. My router is configured for smart connect and my network adapter on my laptop ia a Intel wireless AC 7260. I am using WIN 8.1pro. My cable modem is an Arris SB6183. I have 3 wifi laptops using the same Intel WIFI adapter and all are experiencing the same issue.

I believe you can manually set the devices in the high priority so that each high priority devices will get the best bandwidth. More over wats the conenction the intel is establishing to r8000. If i am not wrong the ac7260 has 2x2 ac stream ie 866Mb/s which can easily cross 450Mb/s speed even the link says close to 800Mb/s

Do share the results where are you checking the Speed for the Deskptop connected via lan
3x Laptop connected wirelessly.

In order to test this first do via speed test , DSL report for desktop and each laptop on by one and then simultaneously to see with QOS on & QOS Off. Post the results which will tell what the exact issue is that client or router.

Ensure to update the wireless adaptor driver is upto date.