What's new

NETGEAR Releases VDSL Modem

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Julio Urquidi

News Editor
NETGEAR has introduced the DM200 - a new VDSL modem designed to handle the demands of consumers wanting to take advantage of ISPs upgrading from ADSL to VDSL services.

netgeardm200modem.jpg
The DM200 is rated at download speeds up to 200 Mbps and supports both VDSL and VDSL2, as well as older ADSL, ADSL2 and ADSL2+ architectures.

NETGEAR said the DM200 is compatible with internet providers such as AT&T, CenturyLink, Verizon, Frontier and Telestra VDSL and/or ADSL offerings. However, they excluded specific tiers like AT&T U-verse, Verizon Fios and CenturyLink Fiber and Prism from their support list.

Priced at $59.99, the NETGEAR is now available at major retailers.

apparently netgear has different models between US and UK. If you look at the back of it you will see something like DM200-100NAS or DM200-100EUS. The main question is whether you can get better sync speeds with this.

For DSL you dont need an approved modem, it just has to support the configuration used by the ISP.

apparently netgear has different models between US and UK. If you look at the back of it you will see something like DM200-100NAS or DM200-100EUS. The main question is whether you can get better sync speeds with this.

For DSL you dont need an approved modem, it just has to support the configuration used by the ISP.
BTW has a list of modems they have approved to use on their network, not using one could possibly cause issues if you have a fault and its not on their list or they could refuse to offer support from what I gather. "ISPs don’t relish having to put their own choice of kit through Openreach’s Modem Conformance Test (MCT), which is necessary because Openreach may refuse to support consumers who use third-party (unapproved) routers"

http://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.ph...oss-of-bt-openreach-approved-vdsl-modems.html

I have been trying to get this modem to work with plusnet fttc in the UK and so far no luck.
It will get a dsl connection but I am unable to get my asus 5300 to obtain an ip address and just get an error in the logs about timeout waiting for pado packets.
The same system works fine with the open reach supplied modem.

I have been trying to get this modem to work with plusnet fttc in the UK and so far no luck.
It will get a dsl connection but I am unable to get my asus 5300 to obtain an ip address and just get an error in the logs about timeout waiting for pado packets.
The same system works fine with the open reach supplied modem.
I managed to make it work, you can read about it in the review thread im about to write