What's new

Netgear WNDR3700 multicast support?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

manta

New Around Here
Hi!

Do any of you guys know if Netgear WNDR3700 router supports multicast? I need multicast passthrough for IPTV. I've been searching all over the internet but i couldn't find any answer.
Maybe any other router that supports multicast, WAN->LAN speed 200mbit/s+ and gigabit lan ports?

Thanks!

Hi!

Do any of you guys know if Netgear WNDR3700 router supports multicast? I need multicast passthrough for IPTV. I've been searching all over the internet but i couldn't find any answer.
Maybe any other router that supports multicast, WAN->LAN speed 200mbit/s+ and gigabit lan ports?

Thanks!

The user manual talks about things you can do to improve the streaming of MP3s and HD Video, but it doesn't get into multicast IP protocol support.

Yes

It does support muticast but there is a bug in the present firmware that prohibits this stream from the USB port on the router. If not using the USB to stream it works great. They are working on a fix.

Charlie C