What's new

Network security appliance recommendations

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Johno

Regular Contributor
Hi all,
Can anyone recommend a network security appliance that monitors network traffic and clients and reports/blocks any suspicious activity via a phone app and/or email? I've seen various appliances like FingBox but they don't seem to go far enough, just reporting on network traffic but not actually doing anything.

I've seen mention of a Ubiquiti ERL as a solution...

I've been using CUJO now for a few months and it works very well. Good apps support it, show you what's blocked. It has had zero impact on my internet or network connection speeds.

I've been using CUJO now for a few months and it works very well. Good apps support it, show you what's blocked. It has had zero impact on my internet or network connection speeds.

What is your internet speed? I am curious as I have not seen any UTM devices not effect internet response time..

What is your internet speed? I am curious as I have not seen any UTM devices not effect internet response time..

I'm on cable, with 200mbps down and 35 up.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!