What's new

Network Services Filter question

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

v1rt

Occasional Visitor
I have a question about this. When we add a rule, is the time range we specify only applicable for that rule we just added?

It's because I want to add rules that have different time requirements. For example
1. for HTTP/HTTPS traffic, I want it to be available from Monday to Friday, 8am until 10pm but for Saturday, 8am until 23:59 and Sunday 8am until 6pm
2. for my kid's game say it's using tcp port 31337, I only want it enabled on Saturday from 10am until 6pm then Sunday 10am until 2pm.

Can Merlin do this?
ROGApkX.png

You can't different time schedules for different rules. You would have to manually configure such a setup through iptables.

So with iptables, it can be done along with schedules? Or did you mean that I'll have to create a cronjob based on the schedule I like the iptables to be executed?

So with iptables, it can be done along with schedules? Or did you mean that I'll have to create a cronjob based on the schedule I like the iptables to be executed?

Either would work. There's a netfilter match rule that can take time arguments, which is what, for instance, Parental Control uses.

ah, I'll have to find a document about netfilter. Hopefully you can share a link that I can read about. Thanks!