What's new

New Asus router app

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

charlie2alpha

Apparently on the latest Asus release for the AC87U there's a mention of a new mobile phone app that can manage Asus routers. Currently only for Android, you can find it here. It does work with @RMerlin 's latest firmware, I tested it with my RT-AC56U.

Supported routers: RT-AC5300, RT-AC3100, RT-AC88U,RT-AC3200, RT-AC87U, RT-AC68U, RT-AC56U, RT-AC66U, RT-N66U (Firmware version later than 3.0.0.4.378.9135)

My only question, it has a Wi-Fi eco mode switch which does work. There's no corresponding setting in the web interface that I can see. Or I missed something?

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Forgot to add, the app works in my cell phone but not on my Nexus 9, it just crashes on it. Possibly incompatible with tablets.

AiHome is actually a nice app, not just a gimmicky me-too. I liked what I saw in the beta I received about two months ago.

Eco-Mode is something Asus were going to implement in the firmware as a feature of Keyguard. I don't know however if they dropped the idea of Keyguard, or it's still a work-in-progress. The idea of Keyguard was to have the router do certain things when a specific device is detected on your LAN. For example, it could drop radio power levels when your mobile disappeared from your LAN, and bring them back to max when the phone reappears.

I don't know if they have any plan to implement Eco-Mode with a schedule timer - that could make sense.

the app is nice but dodsnt work properly on a ac66u as it only works the first time after that it insists that my router isnt supported and then i have to erase app data after etch run for it to work

Does not seem to work with RT-AC68U, simply does not find the router... :confused:

Remember people, the app requires the most recent firmware to be installed. Also, the app itself is brand new, it may have bugs.

It appears the app has been updated, and is currently working on my Nexus 6P. I have actually searched the play store many times in the past for an app like this, thanks for sharing!

AiHome is actually a nice app, not just a gimmicky me-too. I liked what I saw in the beta I received about two months ago.

Eco-Mode is something Asus were going to implement in the firmware as a feature of Keyguard. I don't know however if they dropped the idea of Keyguard, or it's still a work-in-progress. The idea of Keyguard was to have the router do certain things when a specific device is detected on your LAN. For example, it could drop radio power levels when your mobile disappeared from your LAN, and bring them back to max when the phone reappears.

I don't know if they have any plan to implement Eco-Mode with a schedule timer - that could make sense.

By dumping the system settings is it possible to detect what does this option do exactly?
I'm asking this because when I enable ECO mode I get a stronger signal (by 10dB)
Thanks