What's new

New AX88U whit AsusWrt-Merlin 384.19 - repeated restarts after several hours of work.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Ketchup

New Around Here
Firstly Hello everyone and sorry for my English.
Few days ago I changed old RT-AC87U to RT-AX88U. By default, the Merlin software landed on the machine (for RT-N66U I use always Merlin).
I have local fiber internet 600/60 Mbps and recently, link is not working properly 400-500 max/60 Mpbs.
I tried to use spdMerlin script [(amtm->fd(sda SanDisk Ultra 32GB USB3.0 formated ext4)->64-bit Entware->SW (2 GB swap)->spdMerlin].
spdMerlin worked good about 36 hours (2 times per hour - 00 and 30 min with written results) and suddenly "boom" - problem. Memory has been freed from 98% to 50%, sudden wan restarts, "Addons" button disappeared and back. Pendrive all time status mounted.
I thought that probably something wrong with the flash drive - I don't like SanDisk :).
Uninstall all with amtm, formated jffs, restart and changed SanDisk Ultra 32 GB 3.0 to the Lexar 64 GB 3.0.
I reinstalled everything step by step according to hints in amtm - this time everything was good 10-12 hours and same problem again.
What did I do wrong - I don't know but it looks like the swap is breaking.
At this point I went back to the Asus version 3.0.0.4.384_9579 but I lost the ability to use spdMerlin and Diversion.

You may want to follow the suggestions here.

#5 (snbforums.com)
OK thanks i try it step by step, but hard reset whit plug off I had use since WRT54 GL with tomato firmware.

It worries me that for 3 days everything was working properly. Then there was a total disaster and It was again 12 hours later. Never before had a Merlin act like this on any of my routers. Either something happened or didn't happen until a few minutes after take-off. Could these problems be caused by the fact that I made the change from 3.0.0.4.384 out of box (but with hard reset before) to Merlin 384.19 right away - probably different firmware?

On firmware Asus 3.0.0.4.384_9579 link reaches the correct parameters.
Screen Shot 12-01-20 at 07.24 PM.PNG

When flashing to RMerlin firmware from stock Asus, it is recommended to do a full reset as suggested in the M&M Config guide. ;)

Thank you - I did as you advised so far everything looks like fine. Only the network card in my laptop can turn off under load. I tested the cables, there is no problem on the second usb card.

edit :
I installed new toys in my laptops yesterday - Killer™ Wi-Fi 6 AX1650 :) - 600/60 Mbps my link - soon will be an upgrade to 1Gbp :) .

Screen Shot 12-04-20 at 09.37 AM.PNG
Screen Shot 12-04-20 at 01.23 AM.PNG