What's new

New features in 378.53 :)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Have you tried / tested the ad block feature and if so what do you think?

I've used it on and off for the past few months. I can't fully evaluate how well it's working since my main browser runs AdBlock Plus, but it seemed to work decently well with my mobile devices. It's nowhere near as efficient as AdBlock plus however, some ads are still being displayed, and there are a few sites that have trouble with it (like Bethesda's online store). It's also entirely relying on Trend Micro's WRS, so you can't whitelist or blacklist anything at this time.

I'd say it's quite interesting for those who are worried about the potential security issues associated with advertising (as legitimate websites have to put their own trust on their ads providers to ensure those are all clean - that's not always the case). It does block a good portion of ads, but someone who was really focusing on keeping his browser COMPLETELY clean of ads would still be better served by a browser addon.

WRS = Web Reputation System. Keep in mind that an ad on a website comes from an external website, with its own URL totally different from the website itself. So blocking just those specific URLs based on Trend Micro's database would block those specific iframes/images/etc... from loading.
Ya but even some blocking is better than none! Sounds like a decent sollution for most.

Now a beta release from you with just this added feature for testing would be cool! At least for my ac3200!

Far too early, I've only just started working on 378.53. Can't do a beta release of code that's still alpha...

Sorry, I was a rookie, will not it!

Do you think you should learn how to build the firmware? Rather than asking for alpha firmware every time when someone mentions it?

Just a thought.

Hello
Is any chance to add to firmware option to block all access to internet ? Only can use LAN connection. Thsi option is good to add for client by IP or MAC...

Hello
Is any chance to add to firmware option to block all access to internet ? Only can use LAN connection. Thsi option is good to add for client by IP or MAC...
Why can't you use MAC filtering? Just set it to only allow Internet access to th0se MAC addresses on the list. Everyone else whose MAC is not on the list will be automatically blocked from the Internet.

Last edited:
@pepeEL
use parental controll to block internet access

Earlier I used "vpntunnel.com" VPN service in my _old_ netgear/openwrt router
but with very low performance,
so I have used (moved it to) local clients instead, to one of my laptops.

So I'm really interested in this new selective routing feature.

Is there anyone that can confirm that "vpntunnel.com" works with this client,
and what about performance compared to local windowsclient on laptop ???

In parental controll You can also set time frames for internet access for defined mac adres.
Try AIProtection - Time Scheduling ;)

But there i can only block ADULT, Instant Mess...,P2P and File Transfer and Streaming and Entertainment....

Is this at more suitable for level for you to comprehend how to use the parental controls to block internet access? based on selected device I/P or MAC

or perhaps use search to create a simple script to issue the appropriate iptables command

Code:
iptables -I FORWARD -i br0  -o xxx -j DROP

But time scheduling is not for select time for block adult etc...?

But time scheduling is not for select time for block adult etc...?
ts-png.3634

Attachments

• ts.png
    ts.png
    3.6 KB · Views: 650
nice. looking forward to routing control through openvpn client.