What's new

New firmware - RT-ac68u - Version 3.0.0.4.374.454

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Hi All,

Sorry but this firmware has been pulled from the site due to compatibility issues with some client drivers. Based on positive feedback, this firmware will still be an overall improvement for many people so I am making it available here:

I am still having issues with my Foscam 2.4GHz IP security cameras. They will connect sometimes and then the connection will inevitably drop off after awhile. The pan/tilt control most times is very erratic. I have eight cameras, the two most distant cameras rarely connect all all. I do not have these issues on my RT-N66U. I have tried every setting but with no improved result.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Somethings are seriously wrong with this firmware.....

1) When I enabled HW Acceleration, the AC68U reboots CONTINUOUSLY. I had to race to get into the switch control page to deactivate HW acceleration for it to stabilize.

2) My android machines (Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE, Samsung Tab 10.1 2014, Samsung S3 LTE) will seem to hang on network, despite the icon showing that they are connected to the network. They are connecting on the 5G band in both N and AC.

1) When I enabled HW Acceleration, the AC68U reboots CONTINUOUSLY. I had to race to get into the switch control page to deactivate HW acceleration for it to stabilize.

2) My android machines (Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE, Samsung Tab 10.1 2014, Samsung S3 LTE) will seem to hang on network, despite the icon showing that they are connected to the network. They are connecting on the 5G band in both N and AC.

Sorry for an obvious question - did you try to restore default settings/clear NVRAM?

I am still having issues with my Foscam 2.4GHz IP security cameras. They will connect sometimes and then the connection will inevitably drop off after awhile. The pan/tilt control most times is very erratic. I have eight cameras, the two most distant cameras rarely connect all all. I do not have these issues on my RT-N66U. I have tried every setting but with no improved result.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I have two Foscam 2.4GHz cameras and a wireless 2.4 GHz printer as well and I'm experiencing the same issue. From a router reboot the cameras and printer work great but after time the connection drops off and they will not reconnect until another router reboot. With this .454, the connection time seems to be longer but they still drop eventually.

Last edited:
Havent had any major issues with 454.. Had some wierdness trying to get my primary connection back up after using the UI to shutoff my secondary wan.. Secondary wan is sometimes fickle about connecting, seems you have to just plug in the Clear informark hotspot and leave it alone.. If you touch the configuration it just doesn't like to connect... But in general have had no issues with clients connecting.. Miss SSH from Merlins build though ... Also still dont think multiple NTP servers are falling over if more than one is specified in the settings, separated by a comma (as someone suggested)..
Not a fan of verizon's pppoe these days.. even making sure to manually release the PPPoe before reboot it takes a bit to authenticate..

That is strange. I am running 454 with hardware acceleration and have had zero issues. Stable with improved 2.4GHz speed and range. Was gonna go back to Merlin's 374_35_4 but am going to hold off. At least for now.

Can't find it

looks like Asus pulled out the update , i can't find it in their website :confused:

Attachments

• Untitled2.jpg
    Untitled2.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 318
To factory reset the router, can I backup the current setting, reset the router, and reload? Or is it absolutely necessary to reconfigure from scratch?

That is strange. I am running 454 with hardware acceleration and have had zero issues. Stable with improved 2.4GHz speed and range. Was gonna go back to Merlin's 374_35_4 but am going to hold off. At least for now.

Yeah, I'm not having any issues at all. I did do a factory reset immediately following my firmware upgrade though.

How is the openvpn worker for you?

I am looking to possibly purchase this router specifically for the openvpn server feature. When not at home, I would like to be able to access my external USB3 enclosure which will be attached to the router's USB3 port. The files will mostly be photos, music, office documents etc...

I was wondering if anyone else out there is using this feature and if it's functioning and stable at this point in time.

Thanks again for the feedback.

Done the complete reset after flashing firmware 454. Reconfigured my AC68U afterwards. Confirmed that that router will continuously reboot itself when I enable the HW acceleration. With the HW acceleration disabled, everything works fine......

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!