What's new

New Official RT-AC5300 Firmware 3.0.0.4.380.1355

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

GrinningShark

Regular Contributor
ASUS RT-AC5300 Firmware version 3.0.0.4.380.1355
Improvements
- Enhanced samba stability
- Improved 2.4Ghz stability

Bug Fixes
- Fixed smart connect phy rate scale issue
- Fixed some UI bugs

About WTFast
- ASUS/WTFast router does in fact come with a free WTFast client. The free router client supports one selectable device.
- This firmware had a bug which shows 0 day on user interface. However, router users can still use it and this bug will be fix in next version firmware.

Found it on the router support page (found it under Win 8 64 bit and a few others... Dated 1/7/16):
http://www.asus.com/us/Networking/RT-AC5300/HelpDesk_Download/

Hopefully it also includes fixes from 1031 that were available for other Asus routers and part of Merlins latest firmware. Anyone know?

Last edited:
hmm looks like this was introduced again...
Jan 7 15:14:18 kernel: br0: received packet on vlan1 with own address as source address

Jan 7 15:14:18 kernel: br0: received packet on vlan1 with own address as source address
Again, LOL?! Seriously, Asus should release beta code here for pre-release fixes of silly little things like this. I was thinking about installing this new firmware over my perfectly good fw753 just to keep up with the times, but seeing this, I wonder what else might have slipped in. I think I'll skip this update for now.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I was seeing that on the 838 firmware also. Only appeared to happen when a client flip flopped between 2.4 and 5GHz when I was messing around with Smart Connect. Never knew they fixed it, as I have also seen it on a 68u also when I made the SSIDs the same on both bands (which I do not usually do).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was seeing that on the 838 firmware also. Only appeared to happen when a client flip flopped between 2.4 and 5GHz when I was messing around with Smart Connect. Never knew they fixed it, as I have also seen it on a 68u also when I made the SSIDs the same on both bands (which I do not usually do).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
On my 3200, that message cropped up with Smart Connect off and unique SSIDS, but I think my network extender might have contributed to the issue. There is a way to suppress the message somewhere in the forum.

Still no new Firmware for this ... rather disapointing

No. You're just a little impatient (8 days is not a long time).

Patience grasshopper! :)

The "Improved 2.4GHz stability" item could refer to wireless driver change. Because of this, I would factory reset after the upgrade.

I had an odd interference issue that cropped up after 6 weeks solid uptime on firmware 753 (stock). I was seeing channel undefined in the 5G-2 band, and connection problems persisted even after setting 5G-2 channel to manual, as I noticed after 24 hours. So I decided to bite the bullet and upgrade to 1355. I factory reset and configured everything as I had set it for 753, and so far so good. Auto setting works again on 5G-2 and signal strengths are identical to what I had on 753, except for 2.4GHz, which seems about 3-5dB stronger on the new firmware. I'll post my observations back to this thread, as it's bound to see a lot of use as I work from home during the winter storm we're expecting here tomorrow.

I had an odd interference issue that cropped up after 6 weeks solid uptime on firmware 753 (stock). I was seeing channel undefined in the 5G-2 band, and connection problems persisted even after setting 5G-2 channel to manual, as I noticed after 24 hours. So I decided to bite the bullet and upgrade to 1355. I factory reset and configured everything as I had set it for 753, and so far so good. Auto setting works again on 5G-2 and signal strengths are identical to what I had on 753, except for 2.4GHz, which seems about 3-5dB stronger on the new firmware. I'll post my observations back to this thread, as it's bound to see a lot of use as I work from home during the winter storm we're expecting here tomorrow.

Puppa

Did you try the 1355 without factory reset?

I did not make at mine, should I do?

Tks

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

hi,

got mine ac5300 yesterday, and
out of the box the router worked well.

As we know, first thing to do is to an update to the last version of Firmware.

Updated to 1355 and reset the router, results not coming up with 5G.

So I went out for a short walk with my dog and when I came back 5G-1 was spresent now, but 5G-2 was still missing!

After a second reset still no 5G-2 band.

I repeated the Firmware update, again used 1355 Firmware, 5G-2 came now up after a while,
but 5G-2 worked just with max of 8 MBit/s.

On the end, again I repeated the firmwareupdate, used Merlin's last available Version now, and all works well, no Problem at all.

Someone has an idea, is my router faulty, or is 1355 Firmware Version Buggy?

thanks

manilla

Puppa

Did you try the 1355 without factory reset?

I did not make at mine, should I do?

Tks

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk
Yes, I did factory reset. Release notes that say things like "improve wireless speed" or "improve wireless stability" could be driver updates, so best not to chance it.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!