What's new

New R7000 Firmware Version (1.0.5.64) Out Today

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I don't see any fixes I need. I'm going to say I leave mine alone if it's working ?

Many times, fixes and tweaks are included that do not get documented.

But with the June 2, 2016 deadline coming for locked down routers, this might be a good time to show some restraint in recklessly flashing any new thing that comes along. At least until you can read and compare to how others have been affected.

Other than increased range (2.4 or 5ghz) I'm not looking for any fixes. I think I'll just leave my current version.

They've jumped quickly to 1.0.5.70, though it doesn't appear that there's much new or exciting in this bump for most people.

I'm reading on the netgear support site folks reporting problems with 1.05.64...

I 've not touched my router...its working and the reports caused me to leave it alone.

I'm reading on the netgear support site folks reporting problems with 1.05.64...

I 've not touched my router...its working and the reports caused me to leave it alone.

Thanks RMinNJ. Can you provide a link here to the discussion you're referring toat the NG support site?

They've jumped quickly to 1.0.5.70, though it doesn't appear that there's much new or exciting in this bump for most people.

Was this really needed? I mean, it looks like it was rushed for no reason. OK, it's a bit more "secure" now, but they at least could have added other improvements too, like fixing the longstanding IPv6 issues (for example)

Maybe they fixed other stuff...like the new gui version showing despite rolling back/changing firmware? ...and they didn't list the fixes?

I'd like to be current but at the same time don't want to break whats working fine. My R7000 has been rock solid since I got it several months ago..

Was this really needed? I mean, it looks like it was rushed for no reason. OK, it's a bit more "secure" now, but they at least could have added other improvements too, like fixing the longstanding IPv6 issues (for example)

Exactly. How many are going to upgrade to .70, reset their router to factory defaults, and then manually key in ALL OF THEIR SETTINGS, just to be forced to change the Admin password which they would've done anyways?

R7000 Firmware Version 1.0.5.70 (Last Updated: 06/15/2016 04:01 AM)

I don't understand this. My FW is V1.0.6.28_1.1.83 installed some time ago and you are guys posting FW upgrade of lower numbered version, did I miss something? When I check for updates from R7000 gui it stays there are no updates available.

I don't understand this. My FW is V1.0.6.28_1.1.83 installed some time ago and you are guys posting FW upgrade of lower numbered version, did I miss something? When I check for updates from R7000 gui it stays there are no updates available.

If I'm not mistaken, the 1.0.6.x was pulled back by NETGEAR due to issues. you won't find it on their site either

If I'm not mistaken, the 1.0.6.x was pulled back by NETGEAR due to issues. you won't find it on their site either

Looks like they removed it but it was available at some point via both gui-update and on their website. Now gui update says not updates available, despite the latest is from mid June 1.0.5.70. I am confused now whether I should downgrade or what...

I don't think you should downgrade if you don't have issues. But if you're paranoia, a downgrade won't hurt I guess

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!