What's new

New Router Test Processes Are Coming

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Might be interesting to try, see if results change. Probably not worth adding to the test process, though, you're right.
You're right. I probably should try it at least a few times.
I'm a little overloaded right now trying to get all the new wired and wireless tests vetted. Driving me a little crazy.

When I'm done, though, EVERY router will get functionally tested pretty thoroughly. That's more than any other publication does. Gotta walk before we run...

Last edited:
I would hate to see the kind of price markup they are charging for the NTA1000 (I am guessing they won't offer coupon codes to bring the price down to the $200-300 range).

I also wonder how much automation can be done with the tests, as it seems like a massive amount of work, especially if multiple routers needed to be tested to have some initial comparisons to be present for new reviews going forward.

The NTA1000 is not intended for consumers.

CDRouter makes running hundreds of functional tests very easy.

I'm sure you've reached out to the suppliers - both for the test equipment and Vendors/OEM's on feedback - but as you state, it's the WAN connectivity that is problematic... but if one were to stand up a small DCHP6-PD "WAN" server, this might help - at least to get a baseline performance, as this is fairly common (it's the options that are tough across different operators, Comcast and Cox have both had issues here - Cox's is ongoing even now, as they pretty much rolled out v6 in the last couple of months)

Although it may be messy, I'd rather see the warts and corns tested and reported, if possible. Whether they have any weight in the assessment calculations is a separate question. But IMHO leaving out IPv6 testing entirely simply helps keep the problems invisible.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!