What's new

New RT-68U, how is the latest stock firmware vs Merlin?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

jhferry

Occasional Visitor
Probably a stupid question. I just unboxed my RT-68U and read about firmware issues. I also downloaded Merlin 378.50 and that seems pretty popular here. Can someone aware me on which way to go?

John's fork. Blisteringly fast, with all the little bonuses intact, should you want them :)

So do you install the Merlin first and if so, where is the download located or is this download the whole package? Sorry I'm a noob also and my RT-AC68U will be arriving shortly.

Why are people buying the U version when the faster P version is out? Just asking don't attack me. LOL!

I find merlin's build to be more dipsalucious. The stock build reminds me of a nice testalegette. I prefer the latter's prior.

But seriously, I doubt you can tell a difference between any of them until you start making use of a particular build's exclusive features.

If you have no special requirements, pick any of them. :)

I find merlin's build to be more dipsalucious. The stock build reminds me of a nice testalegette. I prefer the latter's prior.

But seriously, I doubt you can tell a difference between any of them until you start making use of a particular build's exclusive features.

If you have no special requirements, pick any of them. :)

Why make up words and creating nonsense sentences when trying to offer a recommendation? :confused:

One thing I noticed is that the stock firmware doesn't give me any trouble with external hard drives compared to merlins build. Im currently using a Samsung 4TB d3 station and it only works properly with the stock firmware.

One thing I noticed is that the stock firmware doesn't give me any trouble with external hard drives compared to merlins build. Im currently using a Samsung 4TB d3 station and it only works properly with the stock firmware.

Is this with a reset to factory defaults and manually and minimally configuring the router to secure it and connect to your ISP and hdd?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!