What's new

New to Wireless Networking and need Help

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

bertslayer04

New Around Here
Hello Everybody!!

The title says it all. I have done some research and know a little bit but not how it all works still and I talk to someone at best buy and all he did was confuse me. So I have ATT u-verse and our internet runs through the all in one modem they gave us and the internet is wireless which is picked up by a wireless usb adapter. Lately here the internet connection has been crappy and I get dropped a lot. I am avid WoW player and this doesn't make playing the game fun. So what I am asking is how can I fix this signal or connection and make it stable enough for me to play? The Modem and Computer I play on are about 100ft apart and separated by a bathroom and laundry room.

Any help is appreciated and welcomed. Sorry the post is so long

Perhaps game playing is best done on a wired conennection rather than wireless.

Your Internet & TV Life would likely be much better with cable TV/Internet rather than U-verse.

You can re-purpose any WiFi router to be an access point (AP). There's a FAQ/guide on that here. The AP connects to the router's LAN port. Your clients' WiFi use the AP rather than U-Verse's inferior WiFi. However that WiFi does come from the same genre' as does U-Verse.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!