What's new

New TS-453mini!

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I look at the design, it looks nice at first... if they used 2.5" bays...

When getting into the details...

It's not as small as it looks in the photos - the drive bays are 3.5 inch, as as the TS451 and TS-4**Pro family, so this is a big box - compared to others, it's a vertical stack, not a horizontal one...

The thermals are curious, as it has a side fan, but this suggests that there is a fair amount of heat soak at the top of the box, where the drives are...

I'll pass, thank you...

ts_453_mini-backend.png

The name's suffix is "mini". Why?

If you look at the X*Y*Z numbers... take a TS-451 and stand it vertical - so yeah, maybe a bit smaller than the 453Pro in the older QNAP chassis...

The TS-453S would be smaller, as it is specific to 2.5" drives... and all the good stuff inside the TS-453Pro without the internal power supply and LCD screen/UI controls...

ts_453s.png

If you look at the X*Y*Z numbers... take a TS-451 and stand it vertical - so yeah, maybe a bit smaller than the 453Pro in the older QNAP chassis...

I really like that bottom door for the RAM. How convenient.

I really like that bottom door for the RAM. How convenient.

That is kinda nice - the 453Pro isn't too bad, but some of their NAS boxen, the DIMM's are in a location where either one has snake fingers, or require a bit of disassemble effort...

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!