What's new

Newbie help :) VPN: PIA (Private internet access) on a AC3200

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

SD Dude

Occasional Visitor
I know how to do firmware flashes etc.... :)...

Just have 3 questions...

1) Will PIA Work on my new AC3200 ASUS router ? (Private Internet Access) (privateinternetaccess.com)

2) If There is firmware for my 3200 (Merlin) and I FLASH it will it upgrade and keep ALL of my settings (all of my wireless setting,ip address stuff that ive already SET in my STOCK DRT AC3200 firmware ?

3) I see tons of firmwares ;(... If someone (that replies to the above).. can give me a link to the newest MERLIN FW that I can flash OVER my stock WRT3200FW and keep/retain all of my settings id really SUPER appreciate it ! :) thanks in advance !

Thanks, I Flashed the Merlin FW over the factory 3200 FW and it kept ALL Settings all IP's etc etc etc... etc :)
and I connect to my VPN....

Would you or ANYONE know how I can set up the MERLIN to only use the VPN for certian IP's that are on my LAN, I read this somewhere that I can assign the VPN to just certian Internal IP's but that part I cant figure out ;(

Thanks, I Flashed the Merlin FW over the factory 3200 FW and it kept ALL Settings all IP's etc etc etc... etc :)
and I connect to my VPN....

Would you or ANYONE know how I can set up the MERLIN to only use the VPN for certian IP's that are on my LAN, I read this somewhere that I can assign the VPN to just certian Internal IP's but that part I cant figure out ;(

Check the README included with the firmware, there's a section devoted to policy-based routing.

Thats it ! I couldnt rememeber what it was called... Policy based routing ! this way I can make just certain IP's use the VPN :) (no one reads the read me's or instructions these days lol :)... thanks again !)

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!