What's new

Newbie question

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

mcr407

New Around Here
First off newbie to the group. I bought an NG R7800 last week and set it up. FW is at 1.0.2.46 and was going to update it but read there are issues with it. I also saw there is a hot fix 1.0.2.63 but no mention of was it fixes. I've considered doing a custom FW but need information on the Voxel FW. I see there are multiple files, do I need to install them all or just the R7800 V1.0.2.67?

For voxel's I just installed the firmware file like you listed..im on .66 and have no issues. But I dont do anything advanced.

If you go with stock .. You just purchased it so you have 90 days of support to report an issue and work a support case...

NG posts release notes, all be it vague: :oops:
https://kb.netgear.com/000061069/R7800-Firmware-Version-1-0-2-63-Hot-Fix

There is a a v67 available as of yet.

First off newbie to the group. I bought an NG R7800 last week and set it up. FW is at 1.0.2.46 and was going to update it but read there are issues with it. I also saw there is a hot fix 1.0.2.63 but no mention of was it fixes. I've considered doing a custom FW but need information on the Voxel FW. I see there are multiple files, do I need to install them all or just the R7800 V1.0.2.67?

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!