What's new

No FW Upgrade for 11 months

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Smithkid

Occasional Visitor
Running V 3.0.0.3.100 loaded Feb 2012. Wanting to setup a 4G USB wireless modem for emergency internet access. Asus compatability list says my Sierra 320U is supported with FW V 3.0.0.4.260

So long since I have done this just checking on procedure.

1. Save my settings (In Administration)
2. Get copy of new FW and place on computer
3. Go to firmware upgrade (In Administration) and load new fw
4. Wait for router to reboot
5. Restore my settings

Is that it or should I do a hard reset?

Should I worry about clearing NVRAM?

Last edited:
2 YOU HAVE TO UZIP THE FW , 3 upload TRX file

The NVRAM is increasing with that firmware, your will not be ale to restore settings.
Write them down or use screenshots.
Consider RMErlin FW while you are at it. rocks

The NVRAM is increasing with that firmware, your will not be ale to restore settings.
Write them down or use screenshots.
Consider RMErlin FW while you are at it. rocks

Yes, some people have had trouble with the wireless drivers in .260 Asus firmware version. Merlin's firmware includes the previous working version of the wireless drivers, so do consider it. And yes, you will need to clear your router's nvram.

So I clear the NVRAM BOTH before and after loading new FW (which must be unzipped)?

To Clear NVRAM

Hold WPS button, power down, power up, wait 10-15 seconds and release WPS button

Can't restore the settings so make notes or screenshots and manually reset them all.

So I clear the NVRAM BOTH before and after loading new FW (which must be unzipped)?

To Clear NVRAM

Hold WPS button, power down, power up, wait 10-15 seconds and release WPS button

Can't restore the settings so make notes or screenshots and manually reset them all.

I don't usually clear the nvram before I upgrade, just after, but some people do that and it won't hurt in any case. But yes, you have to manually re-enter your settings for the upgrade that you're doing. And yes, you should be upgrading using a .trx file, not a .zip file.

Sounds like this should go well for you, you've got it down *smile*.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!