What's new

No internet in Router Mode - Asus RT-AC66U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ewan

New Around Here
Hello everybody,

I try to install my new Asus RT-AC66U router on my network. I have already 2 Asus RT-AC66U on the network and 1 modem. The modem is the DHCP server too.
I want to install the new Asus RT-AC66U as router to use Isolation in guess network. But, when I configure this mode, I haven't internet via Ethernet or Wi-Fi.
I have disable the DHCP option on my new Asus router ( if I enable, I have internet ... but I have already a DHCP server ... ).

Someone can help me, I try to configure this router since 6 hours now

My settings :

0Njj7JR.png

TVbPubp.png

LxsghUY.png

You might want to draw out your network connections and the IP addresses that you've assigned to each and what mode they're operating in.

You are setting up a double NAT which will provide some isolation of your guest network from your primary network, however since this router is connecting or should be connecting to a LAN port on your primary router it won't be complete isolation. You can improve the isolation by activating the guest network and not permitting intranet connections.

First however to get your double NATed router working it must have its WAN port connected to a LAN port on your primary network. If you are still having problems it may work better if you change DNS server 1 to 8.8.4.4 or something other than using your primary LAN.