What's new

No internet on Samsung devices when VPN is on.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Hamun8

New Around Here
I hope someone can help me with this odd problem.

I have setup Torguard VPN on my AC68U. When i turn on the VPN all Samsung devices (3 phones 2 smart tv) says no internet connection but are still connected to Wifi.

Other devices like Huawei, iPhone etc works fine.

I have attached the VPN setup. I hope someone can help me with this

Attachments

• Anmærkning 2020-07-07 224359.png
    Anmærkning 2020-07-07 224359.png
    326.3 KB · Views: 170
  • Anmærkning 2020-07-07 224509.png
    Anmærkning 2020-07-07 224509.png
    230.1 KB · Views: 172
Since you have set the policy rules to Strict, try adding your devices in the rules

The rule list is only for those devices that has to use the VPN connection. All other runs outside VPN

The rule list is only for those devices that has to use the VPN connection. All other runs outside VPN
Not if you set your policy to strict. If you dont want the samsung devices to use the VPN you still try to put them in the list and then use WAN (iFace) instead of VPN

BTW, is this the first time that this happened?

But that does not explain why all other non Samsung devices work fine?

So if I add the Samsung devices to the list it should work?

It happened once before and then i just turned the VPN off and used a raspberry pi for VPN.

But that does not explain why all other non Samsung devices work fine?

So if I add the Samsung devices to the list it should work?

It happened once before and then i just turned the VPN off and used a raspberry pi for VPN.
What have you done so far? You said it worked before, did you make any changes on your router?
Have you tried deleting the SSID of your router from your Samsung devices and then re-adding them?

When reporting an issue, you will get a much faster solution if you expound what were the things that you have done; which firmware are you running etc.

I think you misunderstood what I meant. Last time I tried to setup the VPN same thing happened. Samsung device had no internet.

So I gave up and removed the VPN settings.

Yes I have tried deleting thee SSID but no difference. The odd thing is that its only on WiFi. My Samsung smart TV did not work over WiFi but when I connected using cable it worked fine.

I am running the latest firmware 384.18

I hope someone can help me with this odd problem.

I have setup Torguard VPN on my AC68U. When i turn on the VPN all Samsung devices (3 phones 2 smart tv) says no internet connection but are still connected to Wifi.

Other devices like Huawei, iPhone etc works fine.

I have attached the VPN setup. I hope someone can help me with this
What is the source IP meant to be for? It doesn't look like a valid private IP for a device

Set static ip for your devices that you want route through vpn. And then select those devices from drop down menu as source ip and set iface as vpn.

Or if you want whole network behind vpn then set source ip 192.168.1.0/24 and iface vpn

May be this could help: may be something linked to miscellaneous actions done in a specific sequence, that I experiment :
if you define a VPN client and assign specific clients (PC, phone, etc ...) to use this VPN, when the VPN goes down (or is switched off manually) it blocks all device access to internet thanks to the killswitch (so far so good). At that time, if you remove a device from the list, it will still not be able to access internet. You have to restart the VPN (your parameter to start at boot time is off), then put back that specific client in the list (the one you removed when VPN was down) and then remove it from the list while the VPN is up .... than the device is able to access internet again ...

Set static ip for your devices that you want route through vpn. And then select those devices from drop down menu as source ip and set iface as vpn.

Or if you want whole network behind vpn then set source ip 192.168.1.0/24 and iface vpn
I already have static IP on the device i want to route through VPN with iface as VPN. This device is the only one

May be this could help: may be something linked to miscellaneous actions done in a specific sequence, that I experiment :
if you define a VPN client and assign specific clients (PC, phone, etc ...) to use this VPN, when the VPN goes down (or is switched off manually) it blocks all device access to internet thanks to the killswitch (so far so good). At that time, if you remove a device from the list, it will still not be able to access internet. You have to restart the VPN (your parameter to start at boot time is off), then put back that specific client in the list (the one you removed when VPN was down) and then remove it from the list while the VPN is up .... than the device is able to access internet again ...

The killswitch works fine and i have tested it. The issue is not with the device that routes through VPN but those routing outside. Specific Samsung devices. everything else works as intended.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!