What's new

No LAN access with OpenVPN

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

homer2320776

Occasional Visitor
I've run into a strange issue. I currently have a AC68U with 380.57 installed running an OpenVPN server. I also have it setup as a Dual Wan with Comcast on the WAN port and a local fiber provider on LAN Port 1.

Everything works as expected, except when I connect via OpenVPN to the server, I cannot access the LAN network except the router IP itself.

I've looked over everything I know to look at, all the correct options are checked but I still cannot pass traffic. I even tried to disable HW Acceleration and that ended up breaking the WIFI.

Here are the OpenVPN configs:
Server
# Automatically generated configuration
daemon
topology subnet
server 10.8.50.0 255.255.255.0
proto udp
rcvbuf 0
sndbuf 0
port 443
dev tun21
cipher AES-128-CBC
comp-lzo yes
keepalive 15 60
verb 3
push "route 192.168.50.0 255.255.255.0"
client-config-dir ccd
client-to-client
duplicate-cn
push "dhcp-option DNS 192.168.50.1"
ca ca.crt
dh dh.pem
cert server.crt
key server.key
status-version 2
status status 10

Client
client
dev tun
proto udp
remote ipaddress 443
float
cipher AES-128-CBC
comp-lzo yes
keepalive 15 60
ns-cert-type server
<ca>
###
</ca>
<cert>
###
</cert>
<key>
###
</key>
resolv-retry infinite
nobind

Any help would be appreciated!

Did you select Yes for the setting "Direct clients to redirect internet traffic" on the advanced server settinds page? (I have all 4 settings in that section set to "Yes".)

Did you select Yes for the setting "Direct clients to redirect internet traffic" on the advanced server settinds page? (I have all 4 settings in that section set to "Yes".)
Tried that as well. It seems to be a recent issue as I've used this same setup many times before to access my NAS from work.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

You obviously asked yourself this already, but did you change anything recently, other than the firmware?

You wrote " I also have it setup as a Dual Wan with Comcast on the WAN port and a local fiber provider on LAN Port 1." And that was the case before you upgraded? I think maybe you suspect that might be influential because you included it; if so, would it be a problem to temporarily disable it for troubleshooting purposes?