What's new

No LAN Connection no Security DVR

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

cdzo72

Occasional Visitor
Hello to all.

OK, my problem is easy to explain... I cannot see my security system DVRs GUI on my LAN, BUT I CAN see it it is connected and local IP address and I am also able to see it remotely using WAN or P2P.

I have swapped out and tried 3 different routers and all 3 behave the same way so I have to think that it's an issue with the DVR which is a Dahua.

Any suggestions_

Can you ping it locally? Why swap routers if you are both local? Are there VLANs involved?
Hey... thanks for the reply!

Yes, I guess I should have added that... I can ping it locally with zero packet loss no matter what IP address I assign to the DVR. I can see the DVR connected to the router, but like I say, when I put the DVR's address in my browser, it simply says that the webpage is not available. Also, I have downloaded the software from the DVR's website and the situation is the same. When using LAN connection in the software, during the procedure where the software communicates with the DVR, they communicate with no issue, but when I try to see the feed, the device is shown as offline. But when I program in the WAN P2P connection, I can see the feed of the DVR just fine.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!