What's new

No vpnc in Merlin release?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Yes; because he didn't think it important enough to concentrate his limited resources to adding it.

Good morning! Is there a reason why vpnc is not included in the asus merlin release?

Good morning! Is there a reason why vpnc is not included in the asus merlin release?

There's already three different VPN technologies included. It would be silly to add 2-3 more just to suit everyone's personal favorites.

Sorry for resurrecting an old thread, but I would like to have the OpenConnect option as well. I really don't want to pay for a Cisco ASA 5505, which in many ways is inferior to the ASUSWRT Merlin solution.

I would be willing to donate to achieve this. (even if it's a after install of merlin add-on)

Sorry for resurrecting an old thread, but I would like to have the OpenConnect option as well. I really don't want to pay for a Cisco ASA 5505, which in many ways is inferior to the ASUSWRT Merlin solution.

I would be willing to donate to achieve this. (even if it's a after install of merlin add-on)

As @lancethepants suggested, install it through Entware.

There are no plan to add any new VPN technology to the firmware itself.