What's new

Non IT guy. Please help

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Veepul

New Around Here
Hello

Just trying to figure out what am i doing wrong here

A) Router A
https://www.asus.com/Networking/DSLN10/
I use this asus adsl modem cum router to connect to internet.

B) Router B
http://www.tp-link.com/en/products/details/cat-9_TL-WR740N.html
-I connected this routers WAN port to one of the Lan ports of the asus router (PartB) above and hence get internet from A.
-This router then provides internet to one desktop via ethernet and various Wifi devices.

C) Router C
http://www.tp-link.com/en/products/details/cat-9_TL-WR740N.html

This router has been set up to repeat the wifi signals from RouterB. I enabled it from under WDS Bridging.
(Router B&C are same models from tplink)

My set up has never been stable especially with router C. I have to reconfigure it very frequently. There are always disconnections, ip conflicts etc.

Are there any extra settings or specific ones i need to do?

After lot of googling, I disabled the DHCP on Router C but then lost access to the routers settings page. The internet would work fine though.

My knowledge on ip, subnet, dhcp etc is very weak.

I am able to access Router A by 192.168.1.1 and Router B by 192.168.0.1

Please advise/suggest.

Connect Router B (LAN port - NOT WAN) to Router A (LAN port ).

Set the IP address of Router B to 192.168.1.2

Set the DHCP server on router A to have a range of 192.168.1.50 to 192.168.1.250

Disable the DHCP server on router B and C.

In Router B & C, set gateway address to that of router A, 192.168.1.1

As i believe if you have 3 routers
1. Primary ISP
2. Secondary for wired/Wireless
3. Tertiarry for wireless extension.

Let the DHCP server be primary for secondary router & tertiary router as well.

So any ip needs to be assigned by the primary router only. It keeps the complex as simple.

Say the above config is only for internet and not heavy files transfer purpose. In that scenario it needs to be powerfull primary router.

So the secondary router set a static IP say 192. 168. 1.10 Every time it connects it will be a reserved address. you may also need to set the same at primary reserver address. so that it will not get conflict when wireless devices are more than 8.

Then you still have access to 1 & 2. When the secondary router try to connect and extend the wireless it will get the address from primary. so one router for DHCP and others act as gateway.

I say if you want real setup then do the secondary to act as gateway so that it will be ease But in that wired port may be useless.