What's new

Not able to ping WAN side network from LAN side with OpenWRT on WGR614L

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

T

tufani

Hi ,
I have flashed my WGR614L with OpenWRT but I am not able to ping a host in my WAN side network from LAN side ......
Could any body plz tell me what should I do ....

This seems to be a natting related issue ... As natting might not be woprking on your board so the router is not able to do address translation ..

Check your iptables rules, "iptables -t nat -L". I am guessing that you have not added a natting rule, thus its not natting. You may find the following useful...

iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -o eth0.1 -j MASQUERADE

I would suggest adding X-Wrt to your image. It provides a user interface that will help you configure OpenWRT to do what you want.

thnx for the feedback ... Though I am not able to add X-WRT package ... but I have enabled
NAT related options in my image ... I also needed to modify the file /etc/config/firewall in order to get LAN to WAN traffic working ... and now this is working on NetgearWGR614L with OpenWRT firmware ....

Hi fufani,
i am new with OpenWRT,i also have your issue.
Would u mind show to me the /etc/config/firewall u have edited.
Thanks.

I would suggest adding X-Wrt to your image. It provides a user interface that will help you configure OpenWRT to do what you want.

Is X-WRT a different GUI than, say, LuCI? Or is X-WRT something different?

EDIT: Googled for myself and found out that yes, it's a different GUI, and is actually outdated as LuCI has replaced this for the newer builds of OpenWRT. Also just noticed that this thread was originally ended in 2008, so I don't expect a response. A note to nam228 - replying to four-year old threads probably won't get you many answers. I'd suggest either starting a new thread or going to OpenWRT and starting a thread there.

Last edited:

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!