What's new

Now I know why Netgear polices its forums

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

microchip

Very Senior Member
I was just over at Netgear's forum, which has a policy of approving posts before they are visible. I posted in the latest fw thread for the R7000 on how much I'm disappointed and how it forced me to load a competitor's fw (ASUS) in order to have a working router.

Well, what I posted did not get approved by the mods, so now I know why they have this approval system. *Shrug*, they just lost a customer. Never going back to their stuff.

PS: my other post in the 3rd party fw thread *did* get approved :)

Yeah i hate that forum for just this reason i have had many posts that were never approved for what ever reason and other posts that took sometimes up to 24 hours to post unacceptable in my book much to long to wait when someone needs help with a issue. I also no longer own netgear routers and have no reason to go to that forum again. Very poor policy.

I was just over at Netgear's forum, which has a policy of approving posts before they are visible. I posted in the latest fw thread for the R7000 on how much I'm disappointed and how it forced me to load a competitor's fw (ASUS) in order to have a working router.

Well, what I posted did not get approved by the mods, so now I know why they have this approval system. *Shrug*, they just lost a customer. Never going back to their stuff.

PS: my other post in the 3rd party fw thread *did* get approved :)

What can you expect. It is after all NG forum.

Hmm, glad I bought ASUS and not netgear, that was my other option being considered.

Hmm, glad I bought ASUS and not netgear, that was my other option being considered.

Although you still don't use Asus's own forums, but for different reasons ;)

I moved shop to SNB because I found Asus's forum software to be a nightmare to "work" with.