What's new

nvidia shield ethernet bandwidth capped?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

LaFemme69

Regular Contributor
I've been having a dilema about my 2017 nvidia shield and wondering if anyone can shed some lights.

I noticed that for some odd reasons all 3 of my 2017 nvidia shields wired internet capped at 250Mbps. I've tried all different scenerios....plugged directly to modem, router, CAT 5e/6 cables.......all Gigabit setup. compared to PC with the same setup, I get about 1.1Gbps. I have 1Gbps internet.

I digged up further on Google, this is an apparent issue with n.shields but none of the forums provide a working solution. So far I have no issue streaming 4K content but I still wish to sort out the difference......yes, I am ANAL!!!

posting here in hope I can get an answer.......in Snbforums i trust!!!

thanx.

Last edited:
nVidia forum posts

Your Shield will never see speeds like your PC and the overheads they mention along with encryption would be a reason for the speeds you see .

nVidia forum posts

Your Shield will never see speeds like your PC and the overheads they mention along with encryption would be a reason for the speeds you see .

thank you for your response.

I didn't think it would reach same internet speed as PC, but 1/4 of the speed? that's quite a difference.

from the post, i'm kinda confused coz half of the thread talks about file transfer speed and the other half refers to internet speed.... lol, unless they r referencing the same idea that both are going through the same ethernet port.

I've also read that certain shields can reach speed as fast as their ISP, just curious why mine and a lot others aren't.

luckily not an issue so far w streaming, but I'd just like to rectify the difference.......if others can, so can I!! :)

kd

Last edited:
I've been having a dilema about my 2017 nvidia shield and wondering if anyone can shed some lights.

I noticed that for some odd reasons all 3 of my 2017 nvidia shields wired internet capped at 250Mbps. I've tried all different scenerios....plugged directly to modem, router, CAT 5e/6 cables.......all Gigabit setup. compared to PC with the same setup, I get about 1.1Gbps. I have 1Gbps internet.

I digged up further on Google, this is an apparent issue with n.shields but none of the forums provide a working solution. So far I have no issue streaming 4K content but I still wish to sort out the difference......yes, I am ANAL!!!

posting here in hope I can get an answer.......in Snbforums i trust!!!

thanx.

i just set mine up to my router via moca adapters, the modem is in room on other side of house, and per speed test the nvidia got up to 750mbps - i have the 2019 version.

thank you for your response.

I didn't think it would reach same internet speed as PC, but 1/4 of the speed? that's quite a difference.

from the post, i'm kinda confused coz half of the thread talks about file transfer speed and the other half refers to internet speed.... lol, unless they r referencing the same idea that both are going through the same ethernet port.

I've also read that certain shields can reach speed as fast as their ISP, just curious why mine and a lot others aren't.

luckily not an issue so far w streaming, but I'd just like to rectify the difference.......if others can, so can I!! :)

kd
I have all Gens of Shield TV and Pro. Even 2015(1st gen) shows up to 900. 250 is too slow.
1. What is the distance from Shield to Router?
2. Have you tried with a new UTP cable? (Not from other devices)

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!