What's new

NVRAM warning = factory reset = possible to export a few things first (DHCP fixed addresses, labels)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Simon W

Regular Contributor
Hello,

Having recently gone from just using a AC3200 as an AP to actually configuring it as my primary/internet-facing router = loving the Merlin firmware, many thanks / keep up the good work.

All was (seemingly) going great until I enabled OpenVPN Server - more to try it (and to aid some one-off remote config of other kit on my network) as opposed to an actual long-term requirement. Anyway the following day my router seemed to stop routing and required a reboot, it was at this point I noticed the NVRAM almost full warning message. Tried disabling OpenVPN Server with no positive difference.

Common opinion seems to be to do a factory reset - something I'm fine with doing, actually something probably worthwhile anyway to "flush" things through now I'm using this as a main production router (when I first got it a number of months ago I spent a while fiddling with various settings and firmware upgrades, in hindsight I should've done a full reset before moving it into production the other week).

Three things I'd ideally like to "carry over" to my new config - ie. export a text config file:

1/ DHCP reservations (though I could manually do it by copy&pasting the 20 or so from the webui to Excel and vice-versa);
2/ My assigned text "labels" for all my hosts that appear in the network map (only because I've I putted around 60+ of them!);
3/ My assigned icons (built-in - haven't added any) for all my hosts (as above, though hardly vital on the grand scheme of things).

Any tips on how I'd do this? Ie. Which config files do I need to grab? Safe to do so?

Thanks again.

Simon

Three things I'd ideally like to "carry over" to my new config - ie. export a text config file:

1/ DHCP reservations (though I could manually do it by copy&pasting the 20 or so from the webui to Excel and vice-versa);
2/ My assigned text "labels" for all my hosts that appear in the network map (only because I've I putted around 60+ of them!);
3/ My assigned icons (built-in - haven't added any) for all my hosts (as above, though hardly vital on the grand scheme of things).

Any tips on how I'd do this? Ie. Which config files do I need to grab? Safe to do so?
Hi Simon,

You can use John's User NVRAM Save/Restore Utility for this task - just save all NVRAM User Settings and restore what you need! :D

With kind regards
Joe :cool: