What's new

Official ASUS RT-N66U B1 Firmware Version 3.0.0.4.260

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

mrcom

Regular Contributor
The official firmware ASUS RT-N66U B1 Firmware Version 3.0.0.4.260 Is out Here is the change log :
1. Fixed IPTV related issues.
2. Locally administered mac address UI issue in mac filter, parental control, manually assign IP.
3. Upgrade download master to 3.1.0.68
4. Enhance UI response time
5. Fixed FAT32 related issue
6. Fixed the compatibility issue in IE8
7. To work with download master 3.1.0.68 the tool must upgrade to DM2_2035
8. Please download the tool in the download master help page and install again.

http://www.asus.com/Networks/Wireless_Routers/RTN66U/#download

It's working well on my system , UI has been fast the last 3 updates , don't notice it being any quicker

Well i hope the parenting issue is solved.
And i wonder if the nat loopback problem is fixed ? I will test later... doing some file transfers right now. And how about the wifi problems thats been reported?

Last edited:
What wifi problems ? 252, 254 AND 260 have not had any problems on my system , are you talking about an earlier version of the FW ? File transfers are working well at least on my system , differentclients might have other results though

I'd be really interested in hearing from people who had major wireless stability issues with 246 to know if build 260 resolved them? So I'll know which wireless driver I'll use for my own build.

For what it's worth, I started out with 252, now on 260. I haven't had any wireless issues... great performance streaming to 4 tv's, browsing the web, and downloading bt, all simultaneously. No disconnects. This would have crippled my dir-655.

I'd be really interested in hearing from people who had major wireless stability issues with 246 to know if build 260 resolved them? So I'll know which wireless driver I'll use for my own build.

Ok Merlin. For the sake of technological research I will volunteer to be one of the official firmware guinea pigs. :(

It does make it easier to have two separate RT-N66Us so I can put firmware 4.260 on the DSL connection for wireless testing and compare it with firmware 4.220 on the cable internet. :cool:

Update: I tested first the the 5Ghz connection to wireless bridge and then the 2.4Ghz connection from the same router to the PS3 (wired via the bridge and then via built in wireless g) for an hour total. At first I thought the throughput was a bit low based on PS3 connection testing but it may have just been the dsl internet throughput itself because after a while it seemed to run at full rated speed. Therefore I can conclude that the initial results for 4.260 firmware are that it seems to be responsive and stable. Connection to Android phone seems stable and Speedtest.net results were what they should be. Unlike my experience with 4.246 I have had no disconnects after an hour of testing using 4.260. I will report if I notice any issues with longer term usage.

Last edited:
246 was no good for me , had lots of disconnects . At least I think it was 246 , so many changes it;s confusing . No problems since 252

Odd. I just checked, and the driver in build 260 is exactly the same as in build 246 (same MD5). They might have changed something else in the firmware to make it work properly? I'll have a better idea once I get hold of the source code.

What wifi problems ? 252, 254 AND 260 have not had any problems on my system , are you talking about an earlier version of the FW ? File transfers are working well at least on my system , differentclients might have other results though

I was thinking of the last official firmware .246 as .252 and .254 are betas.

IPV6 OK now

I erased nvram, reflashed the .260 firmware, then did a 30-30-30 reset.
Now IPV6 works.

CC

Curious, did they ever remove the double NAT layers the packet moves through with stock firmware? RMerlin, does your firmware remove this? Once, I tried hosting a game with the RT-N66U and could not due to this, I am sure.

Curious, did they ever remove the double NAT layers the packet moves through with stock firmware? RMerlin, does your firmware remove this? Once, I tried hosting a game with the RT-N66U and could not due to this, I am sure.

If you mean the fact that LAN to LAN connections are all NATted, yes, my firmware uses a completely different NAT loopback that resolves this issue. Otherwise, your double NAT issue probably comes from your modem also applying NAT on top of your router's NAT.

Don't scare us! I just flashed my second router to 4.260. :eek:

Asus might have fixed the issue in the firmware itself. We'll see if more people report stability with 260.

The guys at dd-wrt fixed the NAT Loopback since 19969 changeset:

http://svn.dd-wrt.com:8000/changeset/19969

This code was removed from the Firewall Script:
insmod ipt_mark
insmod xt_mark
iptables -t mangle -A PREROUTING -i ! `get_wanface` -d `nvram get wan_ipaddr` -j MARK --set-mark 0xd001
iptables -t mangle -A PREROUTING -j CONNMARK --save-mark
iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -m mark --mark 0xd001 -j MASQUERADE

Last edited:
Odd. I just checked, and the driver in build 260 is exactly the same as in build 246 (same MD5). They might have changed something else in the firmware to make it work properly? I'll have a better idea once I get hold of the source code.
I just flash to 260 and the driver for the radio is the same as your 19B version, that is, if I interpret it correctly in the log.

Dec 31 19:00:07 kernel: eth0: Broadcom BCM47XX 10/100/1000 Mbps Ethernet Controller 5.100.138.20
Dec 31 19:00:07 kernel: wl_module_init: passivemode set to 0x0
Dec 31 19:00:07 kernel: PCI: Enabling device 0000:01:01.0 (0000 -> 0002)
Dec 31 19:00:07 kernel: eth1: Broadcom BCM4331 802.11 Wireless Controller 5.100.138.20
Dec 31 19:00:07 kernel: PCI: Enabling device 0000:02:01.0 (0000 -> 0002)
Dec 31 19:00:07 kernel: eth2: Broadcom BCM4331 802.11 Wireless Controller 5.100.138.20
Dec 31 19:00:07 kernel: Algorithmics/MIPS FPU Emulator v1.5

So it looks like it has the same drivers as 220?