What's new

Official Marvell Open Source OpenWRT Driver

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

chadster766

Very Senior Member
Marvell has released an Open Source wireless driver specifically for OpenWRT and other third party firmware development.

The Open Source community and OpenWRT are very active in getting this new driver available in a stable format in Chaos Calmer (bleeding edge firmware).

WRT1900AC OpenWRT Chaos Calmer is coming along nicely but still in active development and changing daily. I recommend holding off using Chaos Calmer until a little more development is completed.

OpenWRT McWRT at this point has stopped Chaos Calmer development for the WRT1900AC and leaving it to OpenWRT (unless help is needed as before).

For more information:

http://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/linksys/wrt1900ac

That's good news... I'm sure that within the Linksys/Marvell teams there was much, erm, interesting discussions.

Now to see what OpenWRT can do with the capabilities of the device - Outside of other efforts (87U and the like), the WRT1900ac is probably one of the better designs on the market from a HW perspective - actually I would consider it superior to the Quantenna based designs...

(Quantenna isn't bad on RF, but the Marvell is more than good enough, and the WRT1900ac has a much more robust routing core)

sfx